Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sugar Rush and Good Things

I've got spring ever. I can't help it, but every layout I create screams for a cluster of flowers and at least one butterfly.

Add Image
Sugar Rush


These pictures were taken on Easter. I wanted to pull from the bright and cheerful colors from the pinata on this layout. I'll also take any excuse to incorporate pinks and purples, too!

The green butterfly is from Michael's. I found a box of beautiful butterflies in the "non scrapping" aisle and thought that they would be pretty embellishments on some of my pages. I applied a coat of Stickles to some chipboard letters for the title. I embroidered a circle around the picture of Jack. I didn't want him to get "lost" in all of the pictures since it was his first time to hit the pinata and eat candy. He had too much fun!

He Fills My Life With Good Things



My first bluebonnet picture for bluebonnet season...more to come!

Gabrielle Pollaco has a great tutorial on her blog for creating these twisted fabric blooms. I have a lot of fabric scraps that now have a purpose for their existence.

Supplies Used:
Patterned Papers-Basic Grey, BoBunny, October Afternoon, Pink Paislee, and GCD Designs

3 comments:

Audra said...

awesome layouts!! I love the stitched circle and those fabric flowers!! really great work!! :)

Aphra Bolyer said...

Hi Katie! Thanks for stopping at my blog today. Thought I'd pop over and return the favor. Those blue ribbon flowers are gorgeous!!! Love your style....so fun and bright!

Angel said...

Fabulous work! I love the the roses you made.