Monday, April 5, 2010

5 New Layouts

I hope that everyone had a happy Easter. We spent the day with family, and we got a lot of good pictures that I can't wait to scrap.

Today I heard back from Memory Makers. They have selected 4 of my layouts for publication in their Memory Makers Gallery book. I submitted nine layouts. I was thrilled with just one being selected, and so I was pleasantly surprised to hear that four had been picked up for publication. So a big FAT "NEENER NEENER" to Albert Flores for never picking up one of my coloring pages for his "Color the Weather" segment. (Anyone who grew up in San Antonio should know what I am referring to!) :)

Today I am posting the layouts that did not get picked up for publication.

My Wish For You
I submitted this layout for the theme of hopes/dreams and faith. I absolutely adore these Amy Butler papers.

I am addicted to making my own roses now.
I use this great tutorial for making roses out of a 6 petal punch. They are easy and fun to make. Here is the link for the tutorial.
http://mycreativescrapbook.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1743

Supplies Used:
K&Co (Amy Butler) patterned papers, Pink Paislee patterned papers, ColorBox ink, American Crafts Thickers, Prima rose buds, Uni-ball Signo ink, Segoe Script computer font

Anyone Who Say That Sunshine Brings Happiness...
Samuel was pretty frightened by the rain. I nipped that fear in the bud by letting him dance in it. He had tons of fun and is no longer afraid.

Supplies Used:
Patterned Papers - Basic Grey, October Afternoon (striped cloud), BoBunny
ColorBox ink, American Crafts Thickers, Prima flowers, Bazzill pom pom trim

Also, here's a cool site that I used to write in a shape for part of the title:
http://www.festisite.com/text-layout/#2,0

Round 'Em Up

I'll admit, I was slightly relieved to learn that this was not one of the layouts picked up for publication. It's just not one of my favorites. I do love the pictures though! Who would succumb to the pressure and buy a 3 year old a lasso? Certainly not me!

Supplies Used:
Graphic 45 patterned papers, Worldwin Treasures cardstock, ColorBox ink, Sassafrass Lass stickers, American Crafts (Thickers), Making Memories alphabet stickers, scraps of cardboard (stars), twine, Spare Parts arrow brad, Times New Roman computer font

Pint-Sized Patriots
Stars, flowers, circles, and lace...lots going on for this patriotic layout.

Supplies Used:
Jenni Bowlin and October Afternoon patterned papers, American Crafts cardstock, ColorBox ink, American Crafts Thickers, Making Memories alphabet stickers, October Afternoon stickers, Segoe Print computer font, Spare Parts metal, Bazzill blossoms, Creative Imaginations gems, Martha Steward doily punch

Not Lucky, Just Blessed
I don't believe in luck, but I do believe that I am blessed. I also found a way to use one of my Jenni Bowlin BINGO cards. :) I got out my sewing machine for this one!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Papers - GCD Studios, K&Co (Amy Butler), Basic Grey
ColorBox ink, American Crafts (Thickers), Making Memories stickers, Robin's Nest dew drops, Jenni Bowlin BINGO cards, Spare Parts brads

That's it for now. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Audra said...

yay!! I can leave a comment now!! :) congrats on the pubs!! that's sooo exiting!! :) I love your work!! I really love the rain lo... really fun colors and great design!! :)

Unknown said...

All went into my 'lift' file for leter, LOVE them Katie!

~Erica~ said...

Yay Katie! You deserve to be published. And old Albert doesn't know talent when he sees it obviously!! LOL!!!

mom2andrew&leo said...

Congratulations Katie!!! I can't wait to see the layouts they picked. Your work is amazing! I'm so glad you joined the blogging world :)