Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Big Book of Scrapbook Pages

Yay! I've been impatiently waiting for The Big Book of Scrapbook Pages to be released. This is my first print publication, and so I am ecstatic to have some of my layouts featured in the book. The cherry on top for me was to see that one of my layouts was selected to be on the cover of the book. Here they are:

Whee!
Here is Sam trying out his new slide.
Lots of circles, stitching, and love went into this layout. Each circle is inked, and some are mounted on foam discs for added dimension. 
This layout can be seen on the cover of The Big Book of Scrapbook Ideas. Even though I have my own copy, I drag my boys to find "mommy's special book" every time we go to Hobby Lobby. I'm just slightly excited about it. ;)

Supplies Used: Bazzill cardstock, patterned paper (Basic Grey, BoBunny, October Afternoon, Sassafras Lass), American Crafts letters  


A Day Without Laughter...
  I wanted to make it seem that all of these self-portraits were taken in a photo booth, and so I scaled each photo down to about 2 1/2" X 1 3/4" and mounted them on long strips of paper. I love this quote and thought that it would make the perfect title for a fun and happy layout that reflects everyday life.
 

 I created each rose with a 6 petal flower punch. 
Instead of making stems and leaves, I curled tiny strips of patterned paper. 

Supplies Used: Bazzill cardstock, patterned paper (Basic Grey, BoBunny, October Afternoon, Sassafras Lass), American Crafts letters


{Hay} There
These are pictures of my son and niece playing with hay at the pumpkin patch. It's hard to believe that they were taken over 1 1/2 years ago. Where does the time go?!? 
This was such a simple layout to make.
I machine stitched around my design to finish out the look.

Supplies Used: Basic Grey patterned paper, Making Memories alpha stickers, Sassafras Lass stickers, Tim Holtz grungeboard

Tractors!
Journaling reads: "I'm not sure if y'all were even supposed to be on it, but this tractor was the biggest hit for you both at the Rodeo this year!" 
I love working with a simple grid. After using a 2X4 grid (or would it be a 4X2...hmmm?), I embroidered a large circle around my design and mounted some of the stars on foam discs for added dimension. 
What a fun memory! 

Supplies used: Paper Studio cardstock, patterned papers (October Afternoon, Sassafras Lass), American Crafts stickers


That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments: